The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error during Full cPanel backup over FTP

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by jrianto, Jun 24, 2013.

1. jrianto

jrianto Active Member

Hi,
    We have a client using our service for full cPanel backup. During the FTP transfer from their cPanel server to our FTP server, we see these error on the log:

Net::FTP=GLOB(0x1cc57a0)<<< 227 Entering Passive Mode (184,169,132,41,153,26)
    Net::FTP=GLOB(0x1cc57a0)>>> STOR backup-6.23.2013_18-44-08_cpuser.tar.gz
    Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Net/FTP/dataconn.pm line 54.

What does that mean and how can we avoid or fix this error?

Thank you for your help!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please check to ensure there are no firewall rules on the cPanel server or the remote FTP server that could be blocking the FTP traffic.

Thank you.

3. ColinR

ColinR Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Was your problem resolved? I am sitting with the same error.

I have confirmed that no firewall rules are in place, and have confirmed that all is in order by copying files to the ftp server in passive mode.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you checked the firewall rules on both the local server and the remote FTP server? If the issue persists, feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look:

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. kpmedia

kpmedia Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm curious what host (if not your own server) gives this error.

I've run into it at the EIG-owned seohosting.com. It can login in to my server, so NOT a firewall issue, as it creates a blank tar.gz backup file. Their server aborts and disconnects soon thereafter. I've migrated many sites before, and this is the first time I've seen this.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just one more reason that EIG sucks (Hostgator, Bluehost, JustHost, iPage, etc).

6. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael we are having this exact same error. In our situation backups worked perfectly until we got a new IP issued to us by our ISP on the remote machine. After editing the remote backup parameters to use the new IP, we get this "Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Net/FTP/dataconn.pm line 54"error when trying to validate the remote backup.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Like a DFU I was doing something stupid and figured it out seconds after making my previous post. We use FireZilla Server as out rempte FTP agent. In the settings, there is a parameter for Passive Mode Settings. Rather than use the automatic "Retreive external IP from" setting, we had hard code the external Ip to use. DOH! When we changed the setting to the auto setting all worked well. Perhaps this will assist the other user.