exptech

Jun 18, 2010
Everything goes fine with the install until the very end, at which time I get the following error:

*** Notice *** No loop module detected
If the loopback block device is built as a module, try running `modprobe loop` as root via ssh and running this script again.
If the loopback block device is built into the kernel itself, you can ignore this message.
*** Notice *** No working loopback device files found. Try running `modprobe loop` as root via ssh and running this script again.
...Done
Cleaning Up....+.++...Done
The Cpanel installer version : 11.25.0 r189

I am attempting to install it on a cloud server running a clean image of CentOS 5.5, and I followed the directions on your website, as well as the directions from the hosting provider, which were the same.

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Not necessarily an error

What you quoted is an informational message, not an error. It concerns the setting up of /tmp on its own filesystem. If cPanel is working as expected, and you can read and write to /tmp, then nothing is wrong.

garrettp

PartnerNOC
Jun 18, 2004
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
The default Redhat firewall blocks cPanel's ports and if your admin didn't clear these rules then it is likely why you are not able to access the WHM. YOu can temporarily flush your firewall rules to see if this is the case:

Code:
iptables -F

exptech

Jun 18, 2010
You were absolutely correct, everything is working fine.

Thank you very much for the information and for responding so quickly.