Error: Email delivered on default account

Feb 14, 2017
Italy
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello guys I'm new on this forum and I write you because I can not find a solution to my problem.

I just bought a new dedicated server and I set as hostname srv1.domain.tld, I created an account with domain.tld domain and also an email address [email protected].

The [email protected] account is able to send emails but not receive them. Every email sent to [email protected] is delivered in the default email and not in [email protected]

It could be a problem related to dns?
Or maybe because domain.tld is the host domain?

I tried many ways but no one work
Can you give me some advice?

The server has a centos 7_x64 and the latest version of cpanel, bind for dns, exim and dovecot!

Thank you in advanc for help me

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you search for one of the affected messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog and let us know the output? EX:

Code:
exigrep [email protected] /var/log/exim_mainlog
Post the output in CODE tags, and ensure to replace real domain names, hostnames, and IP addresses with examples.

Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Check to see if one of the users on the system owns the server's hostname with a command such as:

Code:
/scripts/whoowns serv1.host.tld
Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look to see what's happening? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.