Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Error from domain wrapper: forum is owned by another user.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordOfLA, Feb 8, 2007.

1. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Registered

Hi folks!

Got a couple of cpanel boxes here at work that I use to handle my personal hosting needs and to test things out before recommending them to our customers that use cpanel.

I tried creating a "forum.domain.com" subdomain. Cpanel said "Error from domain wrapper: forum is owned by another user."

Searching around the forums I came a cross a few files to grep incase I'd already added it somewhere, etc but as far as I can find the forum subdomain doesn't exist (atleast as far as I can find out with the following: grep -R "forum" {/etc|/var/named|/var/cpanel} goes there are entries for mod_security but not of the subdomain.

WHM also indicates it can't read /var/cpanel/cpanel.config so I'm leaning towards a permissions error in /var/cpanel.

Searching google has thus far only revealed people having similar issues with addon/parked domains where an entry existed in one of the following files: /etc/trueuserdomains /etc/userdomains /var/named /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Anyone have any ideas before I fire off a ticket to cpanel?

Edit: I thought it might have been because I had a forum directory already so I've moved it to forums to try and create the forum subdomain, no effect on cpanel.

#1 LordOfLA, Feb 8, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2007