Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Generating Google Drive Credentials

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Takito, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Takito

Takito Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

When generating credentials for Google Drive backup option I receive an error on the last step when I click "ALLOW"

and yes, I have added redirect URL in Google Drive but still... I'm not able to find any info regarding this error and cpanel :(

Any help?

Thank you

Attached Files:

Vins likes this.
  2. Michael Helm

Michael Helm Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not sure if you get the same error, but I have 2 servers that won't run google back returning a 401 error as attached:

this happens after completing the credential auth where it redirects back to the server - and the URL matches the one in google.

One server worked fine - but I can't see what was different all three are running the latest release version.

Attached Files:

3. Takito

Takito Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yeah, the same for me :(

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Internal case CPANEL-15021 where attempting to generate credentials when setting up a Google Drive backup destination results in a "HTTP Error 401: You do not have permission to access this page" error message. I'll monitor this case and update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, a workaround is to temporarily disable "Referrer safety check" under "Security" in "WHM >> Tweak Settings" when generating the credentials, and then enable it again after the backup destination is configured.

Thank you.

Takito likes this.