Error in account tranfer : cpmove incorrect

odmtech

Member
Nov 4, 2003
11
0
151
I am trying to transfer the Cpanel accounts from my old server to the new one.

After different unsuccesful attempts (the accounts are transfered but not working correctly), I tried to manually create a "cpmove" file for manual restore on the new server.

Doing this I discovered that the /scripts/pkgacct script DOES NOT copy everything from the account !

I did "/scripts/pkgacct cpdii" which created the cpmove_cpdii.tar.gz file in /home

But after verification, I found that a number of file which NOT present in cpmove_cpdii.tar.gz ! (for example /home/cpdii/public_html/index.php !!!)

The "cpdii" user is the owner of all files so this does not seem to be the issue...

:( I cannot proceed to the transfer if I cannot trust the archives ! What can I do ?

Thanks for your help
 

ttremain

Well-Known Member
Feb 16, 2003
255
3
168
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've seen this too. I first noticed it yesterday, and was running "release".
I've since changed to "Current" (on both the sending and receiving
servers) with no change...

Files and entire folders are not included... When the site is re-created
after a transfer.

Since there was no replies to this thread, I will keep looking, and if I can't
find anything, I guess it's time to check or report to bugzilla.

Someone please post something if you know anything.
 

xgravity

Registered
Jan 14, 2004
3
0
151
not yet, but I am having same problem. I was hoping the latest edge releases would fix it.
 

joelmonteiro

Member
Oct 14, 2003
17
0
151
Porto - Portugal
I don't trust too in the WHM transfer method.
Sometimes it works ok, other times it wont....

So... it would be great if developers could make some improvements here.

I'll keep looking for news.
 

lloyd_tennison

Well-Known Member
Mar 12, 2004
697
1
168
I do a quick cheat for a move. I change the backup to incremental, and change cpbackup's value of .5 to something like .1 - so I can force a backup. Then after the move - I rsync the backup files - with a full log - to the new server. That way I can see exactly what is missing and was added to the backup. If too much to manually handle - just restore the backup on the new server.

See http://www.scrounge.org/linux/rsync.html for a sample rsync script.