The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error in obtaining userdata

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by crazynipples, Jun 7, 2006.

1. crazynipples

crazynipples Registered

I am using the below.
    phpBB
    PHP/MySQL based forum

Description: (v2.0.19)

This is a cPanel packaged module. (v0.1)

And i am getting the below when signing into the forums with the admin i provided and password.

General Error

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'crazynipple'

Line : 65
    File : login.php

please help me, I have tryed and tried again and always the same error

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

According to the error you receive, your table 'phpbb_users' do not have a column called 'user_login_tries'. You will have to add a column in your table 'phpbb_users' with the above name.

Login to server.
    Connect to Mysql :- Type 'mysql' and hit enter.
    Connect to the required database :- use databasename
    Execute the below command :-

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN user_login_tries int( 5 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

If you do not have server access, you will have to do that from phpMyAdmin. Login to cPanel >> Mysql Databases >> phpMyAdmin

3. crazynipples

crazynipples Registered

Well I tryed finding this in here below but unable to locate the
    "user_login_tries" in user_login

user_login_tries int( 5 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

but anyways why would i need to do this if I am installing the phpbb off your control panel in the first place. I would think you guys would have this fixed. So people would only have too follow the instactions given from the cpanel and the forums would be working.

I click on add phpbb and follow the instruction off the cpanel install it. I then go the link provided by cpanel where the forums are located ie;

http://www.roughnecks.nationvoice.com/forums/

and even try making a new user by registering and the samething. I have no idea on how to to the above post. I tryed and did not change anything just looked around too see if I could get to the correct spot the above post is directing me too and found nothing.

Would it be better just too install the phpbb from downloading it from www.phpbb.com. or what...

I am lost for words at this point