The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error in reseller plan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by its_joe, Aug 25, 2007.

1. its_joe

its_joe Well-Known Member

Hello,

We have CentOS and WHM 11 on our server. I want to make a reseller plan, but i am confused how to do it.

I want to make one 1Gb reseller plan. Here the reseller website website and all the website under the reseller should use this 1Gb space. I also don't want to allow overselling

But when I create one package and assign it to one reseller website, I see that reseller website gets extra 1Gb space for it's own website. Means now the reseller account gets 1Gb + 1Gb space. Also i have not check mark overselling in reseller center for this reseller account, but still this reseller can oversell.

Please suggest me in what way I can create 1Gb package so that it gets assign to that reseller account. And that reseller account and its websites will only use that 1Gb space.

Thanks for your suggestions.

its_joe

2. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is an option for this so you can make it work either way. Just change the resellers account so it is owned by them, then it will take resources from their own reseller account.

3. its_joe

please elaborate the answer. I am not able to understand it.
    :confused:

4. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Um, just use WHM to change the owner of the reseller account to the reseller instead of root. That's about as simple as it gets. You need to read some documentation if you want to understand how cpanel works!

5. its_joe

thanks for the rely.

Yes, I have done this what you have said to me. And that works.

But what about the reseller space quota ???? If I am assigning 1Gb for the reseller website, then the reseller website gets the disk space of 1Gb for him-self. So what about the space quota of the reseller account and other website in the reseller account.

Thanks.

6. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Then lower the size of the reseller domain quota to something just above what they are using. You can assign 1GB space with overselling and then limit created accounts to say, 4 or 5.

That may be a better way of setting a hard limit instead of having a reseller give away big quotas which no one would use and then gets locked because you don't want to allow overselling.