The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error in update system software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IberHosting, Jan 12, 2006.

1. IberHosting

IberHosting Well-Known Member

Hello,

im getting this error in update system software::

CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    Going to read /home/.cpan/Metadata
    Out of memory!
    GD installed ok

Is a cPanel error of any script, or anyone is experiencing the same problem?

Thank you,

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Try increasing WHM > Tweak Settings > The maximum memory a cPanel process can use before it is killed off > 256

But before doing that, check that the cpan module update isn't looping with the CPAN.pm problem that's been discussed at length recently.

3. websnail.net

websnail.net Active Member

Hi Chirpy,

I've spent half an hour trying to find these discussions but can't seem to locate anything using "CPAN.pm" "module update", etc... keywords..

Can you provide a link as this has just hit me and I'm stumped..

4. websnail.net

websnail.net Active Member

Ok... follow up..

Out of desperation I decided to get rid of the CPAN module folders as noted elsewhere in Chirpys posts and tried running a checkperlmodules script but got the same error so given that I wasn't experiencing problems before with the "Current" release I decided to up my update settings back to "Current" and ran a CPUP..

the Cpup failed yet again but this time when I ran the "Update system software" it actually managed to get through..

So I'm left with the distinct impression that there's a bug in the "release" tree that I had... and no I forgot to check the version until after I'd run the update so can't help with specifics there.