chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Try increasing WHM > Tweak Settings > The maximum memory a cPanel process can use before it is killed off > 256

But before doing that, check that the cpan module update isn't looping with the CPAN.pm problem that's been discussed at length recently.

websnail.net

Mar 24, 2002
chirpy said:
Try increasing WHM > Tweak Settings > The maximum memory a cPanel process can use before it is killed off > 256

But before doing that, check that the cpan module update isn't looping with the CPAN.pm problem that's been discussed at length recently.
Hi Chirpy,

I've spent half an hour trying to find these discussions but can't seem to locate anything using "CPAN.pm" "module update", etc... keywords..

Can you provide a link as this has just hit me and I'm stumped..

websnail.net

Mar 24, 2002
Ok... follow up..

Out of desperation I decided to get rid of the CPAN module folders as noted elsewhere in Chirpys posts and tried running a checkperlmodules script but got the same error so given that I wasn't experiencing problems before with the "Current" release I decided to up my update settings back to "Current" and ran a CPUP..

the Cpup failed yet again but this time when I ran the "Update system software" it actually managed to get through..

So I'm left with the distinct impression that there's a bug in the "release" tree that I had... and no I forgot to check the version until after I'd run the update so can't help with specifics there.