The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Logs incomplete...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BLWS, Jul 21, 2002.

1. BLWS

BLWS Guest

Umn... Well my clients complain because CPANEL wont display their cgi/perl errors to them. All it gives them is the Premature end of script header message which is no help. So I go looking in the actual error_log inside of apache and sure enough it has what is wrong with the script there. My question is, why, if the apache error log shows it, wont CPANEL? What is the point in an error log if it wont show what went wrong?

Someone help me on this one :)

Oh yeah, just to make things worse, the users FTP LOG Account doesnt work either.. the only one that works is mine.

2. Djelibeybi

Djelibeybi Well-Known Member

[quote:46f5eaa34e][i:46f5eaa34e]Originally posted by BLWS[/i:46f5eaa34e]
    All it gives them is the Premature end of script header message which is no help.[/quote:46f5eaa34e]

The error is in fact in suexec_log (if you're running suexec). In order for CGI/PL scripts to execute under suexec, the directory in which they are stored must be *owned* by the suexec user and chmod'd 755. The script itself must also be owned by the suexec user and chmod'd 755.

If you run /scripts/fixsuexeccgiscripts, it'll scan suexec_log and fix the script permissions for you (however, this only works *after* you try and run the script and it fails).