The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Message in Horde

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rqsweat, Apr 22, 2006.

1. rqsweat

rqsweat Active Member

My server recently crashed and I migrated all of my users from the old cpanel server to the new one. In HORDE, all of my users can view email and edit and delete just fine except for one user.

When this user attempte to delete email from HORDE, the following error is displyed on the screen and the email doesnt delete:

There was an error deleting messages from the folder "Inbox". This is what the server said: UID COPY failed: Can't append to mailbox : no such mailbox

If I delete emails in squirelmail or neomail, it delets just fine.

SO far, I've tried to delete this box and recreate it. Same problem. I ran /scripts/mailperm and no help there. I also tried cfreating a new email account using a different name to see if the same thing would happen, and it did not. I was able to delete messages with the account.

Has anyone seen this error before? Any ideas on how I can resolve for this one user?

2. Compubuster

Compubuster Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just ran through the same issue. It seems that clicking on 'Empty Trash' icon solved the problem.

I think, Clicking on 'Empty Trash' will create the virtual folder if it wasn't there.

3. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

After converting to maildir when trying to delete emails from my inbox in Horde I am getting the following error (similar to the one above).

There was an error deleting messages from the folder "Inbox". This is what the server said: [TRYCREATE] Mailbox does not exist.

Any ideas what to do? I have a trash and a Trash folder (which seem to be leftovers).

4. get2som

get2som Registered

UID COPY failed: Can't append to mailbox : no such mailbo

I have solved this issue by a simple option setting in horde.
    I was also getting error in horde while deleting any mail from inbox.

" There was an error deleting messages from the folder "Inbox". This is what the server said: UID COPY failed: Can't append to mailbox : no such mailbox "

The Solution I applied here is as below :

1) Created INBOX.Trash file on server run /scripts/mailperm
    2) Logged in to email account which was having problem.
    3) Go to Options Select " Delete/Move option "
    4) You will see a drop down menu where you have to select Inbox.Trash......and here you goo.... problem is solved :D