The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error: No contact username in SOA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XinXang, Mar 3, 2005.

1. XinXang

XinXang Member

Error: No username in SOA
    Hi,

I'm setting up my webhosting company to be able to take Dutch registrations, that's .nl but the Netherlands has pretty strict rules regarding domain requests (every name has it's own individual request which has to be hand signed by the host for example.)

Also I can't request the name unless it's already completely setup in my server. Ok, so this is a good exercise for my knowledge of the server setup, since all my other TLDs are running through ModernBill and I don't have to make the setup manually in Web Host Manager which is the software that's running on my server.

Now I get this error back from the registrar saying I've got some kind of no contact username error in my SOA and I can't go any further with requesting the domain until this DNS error is resolved. does anyone know how and where do I fix that in Web Host Manager?

I went into my WHM into edit DNS zones and found some reference to SOA and also the possiblity to add contact username (or something.) I did and tried my application again but it still didn't work.

How does this with contact username SOA thing work?

2. XinXang

XinXang Member

any suggestions please so I can get this done and move forward with the registration? I know ti's a DNS issue. How do I add the contact name to the SOA?

3. flash7

flash7 Well-Known Member

Hello,

check this file:
    /etc/localaliases

cpanel: your@mailhere

4. XinXang

XinXang Member

Flash7 - are you saying this is something i do through ssh? not sure i know how to do that...want to learn. is there a WHM eauivalent of doing what you just told me?

5. flash7

flash7 Well-Known Member

Yes by SSH,

you can also check this zone in DNS Functions -> Edit a DNS Zone

@ 14440 ns.******.** yourmail.yuorhost.**

yourmail without @*****.**

6. XinXang

XinXang Member

Hello Dafne,

ns1.dinkuhosting.com and ns2.dinkuhosting.com are only registered to be used for all .com and .net domains. This is called IN-ZONE tld. So, if you try to use these 2 domains for .org, it will be failed. I have just added those nameservers to the .org tld zone. Please let it propagate for an hour at least, and you're ok to use it later.

Thank you.

Budi Prasetya
    eNom Technical Support
    www.enom.com/help
    ICANN Accredited Registrar

This is the letter I got back from eNom about my .org domains problem. Could this also have something to do with the .nl domains failing?