The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error On My Error Log | Please Help Me To Resolve

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fsfxie, Aug 10, 2011.

1. fsfxie

fsfxie Registered

[Wed Aug 10 11:51:49 2011] [error] [client 69.171.224.244] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/404.shtml
    [Wed Aug 10 11:51:49 2011] [error] [client 69.171.224.244] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/Themes

I really don't know what this is mean ...
    I've searched for such folder (themes folder) on my root and i did not find any.

Please anyone help me .. Or maybe this is a bug from the template i was using for my forum ?

#1 fsfxie, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. fsfxie

fsfxie Registered

by the way .. after i check the IP address ...it was Facebook .. so each time someone post a link on facebook to my forum, this error will pop out ..

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You can create error pages from within your cPanel, find the Error Pages icon. In there you can create the 404.shtml (and many other type errors pages) that gets rid of the first error posted above. Users trying to access Themes/ directory should now get that 404 error as well.

You might check that template you're using to find any instance of the word Theme in it. If you're no longer using that theme, why would someone link to that theme on facebook? You might check your awstats to see if you can track down the actual page on facebook that contains links to your site and see what you can find out that way.