The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR: This RRD was created on another architecture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikelegg, Mar 2, 2011.

1. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

I'm trying to copy an account between 2 of my servers (as I've done countless times before) and I suddenly encountered this error -
    Code:
    Copying Bandwidth Data......[username]-all-rate.rrd....[username]-imap.rrd....[username]-http-peak.rrd..ERROR: This RRD was created on another architecture
    I found this suggestion cPanel + ERROR: This RRD was created on another architecture | Syslint Technologies but the script just errors with "/bin/ls: invalid option -- -" when I run it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

2. texo

texo Well-Known Member

I encountered it last week. To fix I simply deleted all the rrd files and then copied the account again. They'll be recreated, but you'll lose the bandwidth etc data.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Rather than deleting them, couldn't you simply move them somewhere else on the original server and then copy them to the new server after the account is copied over? Also, it is likely just the last rrd mentioned that's the issue:

I would check the time stamps on the rrd files and see if that one or another has a very old time stamp. If so, try moving that rrd first and retransfer the account. If it then works, you can either lose that old data or try copying it to the new machine.

Finally, are both machines the same architecture type, so both are 32-bit or 64-bit? If they aren't the same arch type, that's why you are getting the error. It is possible to convert the files, but that's a far more pain staking process.

4. VeZoZ

VeZoZ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I've found the easiest solution is to simply move it manually. So do /scripts/pkgacct username

I have no idea why it's fatal on a transfer account feature but packaging it's not (gives the error message though). It's also bizarre that this issue comes up. Basically if I understand correctly you take an account say from another provider on 32bit and you restore it to your 64bit system it'll now have these bad rrd files. Now every time you do a transfer or backup it's going to complain about this. It's weird that there is no conversion process that happens when an account is restored or something to address this.

5. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

Both my machines are 64 bit.

I was able to move the account manually, although I could see the same errors while the account was being restored.

Most of the bandwidth data seems to be intact, so I'll call that a success.

6. speckados

speckados Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Try execute this in one bash fil:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd /var/cpanel/bandwidth
    for i in `/bin/ls *.rrd`
    do
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/rrdtool dump $i > $i.xml