The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR: Transferring e-mail. Please Help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pricespower, Aug 28, 2004.

1. pricespower

pricespower Registered

**URGENT** ERR Sorry cannot find an ownder for that domain.

Hello,

I am getting the following error below when I try to check mail using telnet or using
    netscape, eudora. It doesn't matter which e-mail account is used. The only e-mail that works is the main POP account. Any subaccounts created in cpanel do not work. Also if you use Horde
    the created mail account is there but it is not receiving any e-mails. I have deleted all sub accounts and re-created them, but it did not fix anything.

ERROR: There has been an error transferring your mail. I said: PASS
    and then the POP server said: ERR Sorry cannot find an owner for that domain [prices-power.com]

So I think there is some kind of problem in cppop with the authentication. I don't know how to fix this. Any suggestions.?
    Sid Price

#1 pricespower, Aug 28, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  2. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

I just copied an account from one server to another and I'm getting this one the new server (dns has propogated). The zone is correct in /var/named, the domain exists in /etc/userdomains

NM: I added A entry for hostname (new server) and then did a service exim restart and service cpanel restart and now it works.