redirect

Registered
Jul 28, 2011
Hi,

I have a problem and a VPS do not know what can be. By uploading any file using the File Manager in cPanel, it is shown the following error message:

C:\fakepath\arquivo.zip: unknown Bytes complete FAILED! :Upload canceled: VIRUS DETECTED! (Permission denied)

This error happens with any file (ZIP, TXT, HTML, JPG, etc.). The files are not viruses. In another VPS I have, this error does not happen.

Clamavconnector uninstalled the plugin and the error stopped but reinstalling clamavconnector the error happens again. In my other VPS with cPanel and clamavconnector installed this error does not happen. Both are with the WHM 11.30.1 (build 4).

How to solve this problem?

Thank you!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Generally speaking, this is often the result of ClamAV being installed via another method besides "WHM>> cPanel >> Manage Plugins". You should ensure no other instances of ClamAV are installed on your system.

You are also welcome to open a ticket with our support staff so we may investigate this for you:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.

redirect

Registered
Jul 28, 2011
Hello,

I installed ClamAV via "WHM>> cPanel>> Manage Plugins". How do I know if there are other instances of ClamAV installed?

I will open a ticket on the link you have indicated.

Thank you!

redirect

Registered
Jul 28, 2011
Hi,

The problem was solved by the support.

Javad Daniel Karabi says: July 29th, 2011 at 05:51 AM

You should now be able to upload a file.

There was a directory '/var/clamd/' which was not able to be removed by clamd.
I have manually removed this directory, and now clamd can create a file at '/var/clamd'.
Thanks for all!