The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error when generating CSR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by powerstarpro, Sep 1, 2004.

1. powerstarpro

powerstarpro Member

Hi!

I have had this problem now since one of the last few upgrades to WHM/Cpanel. When trying to create a CSR for a domain, after entering all information, all blanks filed in, it presents me with the RSA, but the CSR is blank. Also does this in shell too when using /scripts/gencrt.

I am currently running WHM/Cpanel 9.7.7 R9 with FreeBSD 4.9. This problem won't go away, and I am flat out of ideas on fixing it. Any ideas?

2. astridas

astridas Member

Having the same problem. Running BSD 4.9 and Panel: 9.7.7-CURRENT_15. Every time i generate a CSR it displays the key fine but the CSR just shows a "." and nothing else.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share. TIA

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem and I just upgraded to the latest STABLE version last night. Can somebody tell me how to fix this? I need to set up a certificate TONIGHT and I can't even order the certificate since I don't have a CSR key!!!!!!!!

I'm also running FreeBSD (4.7) so it must just be something with this platform???

4. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Well it's been about 5 days and no response from cPanel and I submitted a bug through the bugzilla and still nothing. I tried generating a CSR key using the instructions posted at http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=24047&highlight=generate+csr but when I went to submit the order for the SSL it says:

Error from supplier: CSR Invalid CN - Invalid characters; CSR Invalid CN - Does not contain at least one period; ;

I'm pretty sure I did everything right and when I pasted the CSR it began with the ----- and ended with it as well.

Does anybody have any idea what's wrong?

#4 Jeff75, Nov 1, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  5. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Adam from cPanel looked into my problem and resolved it. Here's his response in case anybody else experiences this:

6. powerstarpro

powerstarpro Member

Thanks!

That worked perfectly, thanks for posting that! If all cpanel issues were that simple! lol!