powerstarpro

May 23, 2004
Hi!

I have had this problem now since one of the last few upgrades to WHM/Cpanel. When trying to create a CSR for a domain, after entering all information, all blanks filed in, it presents me with the RSA, but the CSR is blank. Also does this in shell too when using /scripts/gencrt.

I am currently running WHM/Cpanel 9.7.7 R9 with FreeBSD 4.9. This problem won't go away, and I am flat out of ideas on fixing it. Any ideas?

astridas

Jun 20, 2004
Having the same problem. Running BSD 4.9 and Panel: 9.7.7-CURRENT_15. Every time i generate a CSR it displays the key fine but the CSR just shows a "." and nothing else.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to share. TIA

Jeff75

Apr 11, 2003
I'm having the same problem and I just upgraded to the latest STABLE version last night. Can somebody tell me how to fix this? I need to set up a certificate TONIGHT and I can't even order the certificate since I don't have a CSR key!!!!!!!!

I'm also running FreeBSD (4.7) so it must just be something with this platform???

Jeff75

Apr 11, 2003
Well it's been about 5 days and no response from cPanel and I submitted a bug through the bugzilla and still nothing. I tried generating a CSR key using the instructions posted at http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=24047&highlight=generate+csr but when I went to submit the order for the SSL it says:

Error from supplier: CSR Invalid CN - Invalid characters; CSR Invalid CN - Does not contain at least one period; ;

I'm pretty sure I did everything right and when I pasted the CSR it began with the ----- and ended with it as well.

Does anybody have any idea what's wrong?

Last edited:

Jeff75

Apr 11, 2003
Adam from cPanel looked into my problem and resolved it. Here's his response in case anybody else experiences this:

The problem was that it was looking for openssl.cnf in /usr/local/openssl because you installed openssl from ports. I copied the config file from /etc/ssl to that location and it cleared up the issue.