The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error when resetting password..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lblanchardiii, Mar 23, 2009.

1. lblanchardiii

lblanchardiii Well-Known Member

When I try to reset a password through the cPanel login, I get this error:

Code:
    Internal Server Error

Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check   /  usr /  local /  cpanel /  logs /  error_log  for the exact error.

So I went to that log to find errors and this is what I found:

Code:
    touch: cannot touch `/aquota.user': Permission denied
    touch: cannot touch `/aquota.user': Permission denied
    2009-03-23 07:02:23 warn [cPScript::FileUtils::TouchFile] mtime of /aquota.user not changed at /scripts/cPScript/FileUtils/TouchFile.pm line 84
    	cPScript::FileUtils::TouchFile::touchfile('/aquota.user') called at /scripts/cPScript/cPQuota.pm line 66
    	cPScript::cPQuota::updatemtime() called at /scripts/editquota line 130
    2009-03-23 07:02:30 info [dnsadmin-ssl] vschaos.redlined.org already exist in named.conf
    Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.Internal Error: "GET /resetpass/?login_theme=&user=admin HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.
    Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.Internal Error: "GET /resetpass/?login_theme=&user=administrator HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.
    Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.Internal Error: "GET /resetpass/?login_theme=&user=skyadmin HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.
    2009-03-23 16:52:06 info [whostmgr] Global NS entry #2 is not a valid domain
    2009-03-23 16:52:06 info [whostmgr] Global NS entry #3 is not a valid domain
    2009-03-23 17:10:31 info [whostmgr] Global NS entry #2 is not a valid domain
    2009-03-23 17:10:31 info [whostmgr] Global NS entry #3 is not a valid domain
    Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.Internal Error: "GET /resetpass/?login_theme=&user=vschaos HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.
    Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.Internal Error: "GET /resetpass/?login_theme=&user=vschaos HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.
    Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.Internal Error: "GET /resetpass/?login_theme=&user=redlinedfor HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: resetpass: Please check  <b> /&nbsp; usr /&nbsp; local /&nbsp; cpanel /&nbsp; logs /&nbsp; error_log </b> for the exact error.

Any idea what I need to do? Might be a permission problem with aquota.user but where is that file and what permission does it need to have?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Did you try updating your cpanel lately? Usually updates will fix many things like this, give it a try.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    aquota.user is in root, just as the error says.

/aquota.user

4. lblanchardiii

lblanchardiii Well-Known Member

Yea I found the file after I made the thread. Didn't think it was of importance for the location, I just wanted to try to change the permissions manually.

I got denied, even while logged in as root. Wouldn't let me change anything. CHMOD or CHOWN, both were denied. :confused:

I also did an update, it completed just fine. Still didn't solve the problem.

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you on a VPS ?

6. rfhmendes

rfhmendes Member

Same issue here. Yes, its a OpenVZ VPS.