Error when running EasyApache - Exit code 256

spear1976

Jun 23, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi,

The last few days i have not been able to run EasyApache to update my server. I have included the last few lines from my log file in the hopes that someone can tell whhat is going wrong. Of course i have the complete logfile as well if this is needed.

Code:
!! Executing '/scripts/initfpsuexec' !!
!! '/scripts/initfpsuexec' failed with exit code '256' !!
!! Executing '/scripts/initsslhttpd' !!
!! Executing '/scripts/fixmailman' !!
!! Executing '/scripts/update_apachectl' !!
!! Executing '/scripts/enablefileprotect' !!
!! Unregistering the Mod Security addon !!
!! WARNING: This causes cpsrvd to restart and might cause logging output to stop !!
Compiling report...
Sending report. As some of the attached files may be quite large, this could take a few minutes. Thanks for your patience.
!! If you  want to create a support ticket with cPanel regarding this please reference 'BuildAP Report Id': '13817983' !!
Report processed.
!! Verbose logfile is at '/usr/local/cpanel/logs/easy/apache/build.1403733390' !!
This is all the information i get from the log. On the cPanel webpage it just keep "working" but nothing more happens. I've waited several hours just to make sure nothing is running.

The system is a VPS with 2,5GB Ram, 2GHz CPU. Running only four small websites, and mailforwarding 5 other small sites.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

robsimm

Registered
Jul 13, 2009
spear1976 - did you have any resolution to this issue? I am also facing the exact same issue. cPanel ticket # is 5226447.

KurtN.

Jan 29, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The "!! '/scripts/initfpsuexec' failed with exit code '256' !!" error message will not cause your EasyApache build to fail in any way, and can be safely ignored until it's resolved.