Error while connecting to MySQL. Failover enacted.

dafut

Dec 14, 2005
Have one user, which is also the primary account, where that user cannot connect to mysql properly. For example: user_dbuser works to connect to user_db but "user" cannot connect to phpmyadmin without an error that says "Wrong username/password. Access denied."

I've attempted to reset the user password, but also get an error on updating that users password in mysql (other passwords update properly).

Kernel version 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.centos.plusPAE
cPanel Version 11.25.0-STABLE
Architecture i686
MySQL version 5.1.47-log
cPanel Build 46156
Apache version 2.2.16
PHP version 5.2.14
cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)
How can I fix the users access to mysql?

Thanks.

dafut

Dec 14, 2005
Resolved

The issue turned out to be problems w one or more of the perl modules. Temporary fixes to a tailwatchd error (wouldn't load the eximstats driver, which caused a tailwatchd failure) were temporarily resolved by running "/scripts/upcp --force", yet the errors would return a few hours later.

The support staff w the license provider provided me with the following suggestion:
run these scripts:
Code:
/scripts/checkperlmodules --full --force
/scripts/checkperlmodules --full
/scripts/upcp --force
After running the above, the affected user was able to access phpmyadmin. Time will tell if this also resolves the tailwatchd errors, although I suspect it will.

Garrett @ NDC Hosting support provided me with the suggestion. Thanks Garrett. I do appreciate it!