The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error while connecting to MySQL. Failover enacted.

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by dafut, Aug 4, 2010.

1. dafut

dafut Well-Known Member

Have one user, which is also the primary account, where that user cannot connect to mysql properly. For example: user_dbuser works to connect to user_db but "user" cannot connect to phpmyadmin without an error that says "Wrong username/password. Access denied."

I've attempted to reset the user password, but also get an error on updating that users password in mysql (other passwords update properly).

How can I fix the users access to mysql?

Thanks.

2. dafut

dafut Well-Known Member

Resolved

The issue turned out to be problems w one or more of the perl modules. Temporary fixes to a tailwatchd error (wouldn't load the eximstats driver, which caused a tailwatchd failure) were temporarily resolved by running "/scripts/upcp --force", yet the errors would return a few hours later.

The support staff w the license provider provided me with the following suggestion:
    run these scripts:
    Code:
    /scripts/checkperlmodules --full --force
    /scripts/checkperlmodules --full
    /scripts/upcp --force
    After running the above, the affected user was able to access phpmyadmin. Time will tell if this also resolves the tailwatchd errors, although I suspect it will.

Garrett @ NDC Hosting support provided me with the suggestion. Thanks Garrett. I do appreciate it!