Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Error while trying to delete/edit files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bakie, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Bakie

Bakie Registered

Im getting the following error whenever I try to modify a file using the filemanager:
    I also dont seem to be able to delete any files/folders either using the filemanager or FileZilla(FTP), for FTP I get the error:
    And in the filemanager it just doesn't delete the fie/folder, it doesn't even want to go to the Trash bit (there is no visible error).

It was working this morning but now all of a sudden it stopped working after installing Gallery2 (worked the first time but reinstalled it). I then upgraded my Cpanel version from 10.9.1 S14304 to 11.6.0-RELEASE 15076 to try to make it work but with no success.

#1 Bakie, Aug 1, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. Azraell

Azraell Member

Not sure if that fits under your error, but I'm getting the same error message on the creation of a new account, more precisely when the entrie is added on httpd.conf.

3. Bakie

Bakie Registered

Well things just suddenly got a lot stranger. The error only happens in one folder and none of the others the folder is Gallery2 and I cannot even delete it using ftp or file manager or modify any files.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Might want to chown this directory.

If you're not sure about that, you should probably be asking your host for assistance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bakie

Bakie Registered

Ive fixed it now, I just force deleted the folder using SSH and have now reinstalled Gallery2 and no more problems.