The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error with ClamAV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackg164, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jackg164

jackg164 Member

Hi,

One of my clients has installed ClamAV to test but then decided to uninstall it from "Manage Plugins", the problem is that every day is getting an email with the following message

Code:
    [checkperlmodules] The perl module File::Scan::ClamAV could not be installed.

This module is required by cPanel, and the system may not function correctly until it is installed, and functional.  Below is the results of the auto-install attempt:

Test Run
    ==============
    Can't locate File/Scan/ClamAV.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at - line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at - line 1.

Installer Run
    ==============

What can do?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This should not happen after uninstalling ClamAV via "WHM >> cPanel >> Manage Plugins". I testing removing ClamAV on a test server running cPanel/WHM version 11.30.0.29, and I was unable to reproduce this behavior.

Could you open a support ticket for this issue, so we may check further?

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.