OooLong

Mar 16, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I get this error when trying to create a new account in cPanel.

A warning occurred while processing this directive.

Code:
safe_userchgid: chown: /home/hmo/public_html/members/animeseries/atomich/etc: Permission denied at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 87.
at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 87.
    Cpanel::SafetyBits::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 99
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 99
    Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges::call_as_user(CODE(0x41d4970), 544, 12) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 92
    Cpanel::SafetyBits::safe_userchgid(544, 12, "/home/hmo/public_html/members/animeseries/atomich/etc") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 892
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct("useregns", 0, "dkim", 1, "locale", "en", "maxftp", "n", "max_defer_fail_percentage", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2021
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount("bwlimit", "unlimited", "quota", "unlimited", "dkim", 1, "customip", "--Auto Assign--", "maxftp", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2071
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount("bwlimit", "unlimited", "quota", "unlimited", "dkim", 1, "customip", "--Auto Assign--", "maxftp", ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 697
    main::wwwacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 255
This happened because I have several folder mount to another folder in another drive with mount -B, when I unmount the folder then I create a new account, but I do not want to do this every time I go and create a new account. How do I fix this error? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
This happened because I have several folder mount to another folder in another drive with mount -B
Hello,

Could you elaborate on the exact mount configuration in place and the reason you have it configured this way?

Thank you.

OooLong

Mar 16, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
[email protected] [/firstdata/hfa/public_html/members/cont]# mount | grep movies
/seconddata/hfamembers/hfamovies on /firstdata/hfa/public_html/members/cont/movies type none (rw,bind)
/thirddata/fanaticontent/3dmovies on /firstdata/hfa/public_html/members/cont/3dmovies type none (rw,bind)

The reason I do this is because firstdata drive is almost full so I need to use other drive for content.
seconddata and thirddata is my third and fourth drive.

I would have to un-mount these, then proceed to create a new account and re-mount them for it to work, this is really tedious everytime I create a new account. Any reason why it does this?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

What have you configured for "Additional home directories matching the following value will also be used for new home directory creations" in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Basic cPanel & WHM Setup"?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Could you elaborate on the specific error message you receive when creating a new account?

Thank you.