Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Error with Create a New Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OooLong, May 24, 2015.

1. OooLong

OooLong Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I get this error when trying to create a new account in cPanel.

A warning occurred while processing this directive.

Code:
    safe_userchgid: chown: /home/hmo/public_html/members/animeseries/atomich/etc: Permission denied at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 87.
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 87.
        Cpanel::SafetyBits::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 99
        eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/ReducedPrivileges.pm line 99
        Cpanel::AccessIds::ReducedPrivileges::call_as_user(CODE(0x41d4970), 544, 12) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 92
        Cpanel::SafetyBits::safe_userchgid(544, 12, "/home/hmo/public_html/members/animeseries/atomich/etc") called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 892
        Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct("useregns", 0, "dkim", 1, "locale", "en", "maxftp", "n", "max_defer_fail_percentage", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2021
        Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::__createaccount("bwlimit", "unlimited", "quota", "unlimited", "dkim", 1, "customip", "--Auto Assign--", "maxftp", ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 2071
        Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount("bwlimit", "unlimited", "quota", "unlimited", "dkim", 1, "customip", "--Auto Assign--", "maxftp", ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 697
        main::wwwacct() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr5.pl line 255

This happened because I have several folder mount to another folder in another drive with mount -B, when I unmount the folder then I create a new account, but I do not want to do this every time I go and create a new account. How do I fix this error? Thanks.

#1 OooLong, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you elaborate on the exact mount configuration in place and the reason you have it configured this way?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OooLong

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    root@ges [/firstdata/hfa/public_html/members/cont]# mount | grep movies
    /seconddata/hfamembers/hfamovies on /firstdata/hfa/public_html/members/cont/movies type none (rw,bind)
    /thirddata/fanaticontent/3dmovies on /firstdata/hfa/public_html/members/cont/3dmovies type none (rw,bind)

The reason I do this is because firstdata drive is almost full so I need to use other drive for content.
    seconddata and thirddata is my third and fourth drive.

I would have to un-mount these, then proceed to create a new account and re-mount them for it to work, this is really tedious everytime I create a new account. Any reason why it does this?

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

What have you configured for "Additional home directories matching the following value will also be used for new home directory creations" in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Basic cPanel & WHM Setup"?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. OooLong

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    The first one is /seconddata
    The second one is home default

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is why the account fails to create. Change this to the default /home entry and the account creation should work successfully.

Thank you.

7. OooLong

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    But I wanted to create my new account and for it to reside on /seconddata? so I can't do that?

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

9. eduardog72

eduardog72 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have the same problem, i add a second disk to redirect all the sites, i need change permisions?

regards

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you elaborate on the specific error message you receive when creating a new account?

Thank you.