Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error_log location when using MultiPHP?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by chrismfz, Oct 12, 2017.

1. chrismfz

chrismfz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    When using Cloudlinux php selector I know that in every folder that something went wrong there is an error_log with the errors waiting there for me to debug.

Switching recently to MultiPHP I've noticed error_log files stopped "functioning".
    What I mean, for example one user had memory limits,
    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) .... The typical 40MB wordpress limit, but this error was no-where to see.

No error_log in public_html, no /var/log/apache or /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log nothing.

I had to switch by mistake back to php selector and when I did, the memory limit error magically appeared in error_log and saved my day.

So, where are the error logs when using multiphp ?

I've checked for example php.ini of /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/etc/ and it seems OK
    error_log = "error_log"
    log_errors = On

but for some reason it didn't worked.

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If your running easyApache 4 check in /etc/apache2/logs/error_log

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you verify which PHP handler is assigned to the account you are testing this with? Do any custom php.ini files exist for the account? Are you using PHP-FPM?

Thank you.

4. rojer_31

rojer_31 Member

I've got the same issue. Running latest stable version of cpanel (v66.0.25), affects sites running using php-fpm & those that are not. php handler for php54 is dso, other versions are cgi. The handler doesn't seem to make a difference in this issue.