The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors in cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Aug 17, 2007.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

When a customer logs in they get a load of unable to process this directive errors.

Clicking on the error shows this...

Unable to understand response from admin bin: apache sent: LISTSUBDOMAINS 0 received:[]: Illegal seek at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 140.
    Cpanel::AdminBin::adminfetch('apache', '/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf', 'LISTSUBDOMAINS', 'storable', 0) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DomainLookup.pm line 37
    Cpanel::DomainLookup::listsubdomains() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Park.pm line 121
    Cpanel::Park::_countaddons() called at (eval 90) line 1
    eval '$rSTATS->{$key}{$item} = Cpanel::Park::_countaddons();' called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/StatsBar.pm line 243
    Cpanel::StatsBar::api2_stat('infinitylang', 'true', 'rowcounter', 'mainstats', 'display', 'emailac_counts|subdomains|parkeddomains|addondomains|ftpaccounts...') called at (eval 84) line 1
    eval '$dataref = [Cpanel::StatsBar::api2_stat(%CFG)];' called at cpanel.pl line 4562
    main::api2_exec('StatsBar', 'stat', 'HASH(0x95365fc)', 'HASH(0x8fb6b7c)') called at cpanel.pl line 1188
    main::cpexectag('<?cp StatsBar::stat([tr class="row-%"][td width="40\{percent}"][...') called at cpanel.pl line 4361
    main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4250
    main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x952b5bc)') called at cpanel.pl line 4204
    main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x91f0654)') called at cpanel.pl line 2488
    main::doinclude('/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding//index.html') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Branding.pm line 76
    Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include('index.html') called at (eval 7) line 1
    eval 'Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include(@{$argref});' called at cpanel.pl line 1336
    main::exectag('<cpanel Branding="include(index.html)">') called at cpanel.pl line 4361
    main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4250
    main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x8f6b30c)') called at cpanel.pl line 4204
    main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x9189024)') called at cpanel.pl line 1027

Any ideas ?

2. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It cant display the parked, sub or addon domains. Thats the issue.

This has happened since I setup a new server and copied some domains over to it. None of the sub/addon or parked domains worked on any accounts. Its a complete mess.

I did a standard centos server install like I normally do, installed cpanel and configured it to our exact documented config as I have done for every one of our 32 servers. There were no problems at all. Then I did a multiple account transfer from the old server to the new one. I thought everything was fine until customers started complaining that their addon domains were no longer there and their redirects on parked domains were not working etc etc etc.

Could someone possibly remind me apart from /var/cpanel/users/file and the DNS - what other files I need to clear out to get rid of their sub/addon/parked domain information so I can manually redo these ?

3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Currently if I try to add an addon back in I get this error...

Unable to understand response from admin bin: apache sent: LISTMULTIPARKED 0 received:[]: Illegal seek

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Which version of cPanel are you using?

httpd.conf and the cpuser file (/var/cpanel/users/user_name) are the usual holders of domain information, along with the zone files. However, there are a number of files in /etc that calos contain the info. grepping that information in /etc will likely be your fastest way of locating the specific files

Code:
    grep -R addon.domain /etc/*