The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors in exim_paniclog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noldar, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Noldar

Noldar Well-Known Member

I'm getting a couple of different errors in my exim_paniclog and I'm not sure what's causing them. These started after upgrading to Exim 4. I also have MailScanner installed.

2003-08-11 19:37:32 19mNAK-0005Z7-C4 Rewrite of nobody@host.server.com yielded unparseable address: missing or malformed local part (expected word or "<") in address AAR Report filed by

2003-08-12 09:56:11 19maZH-0005QQ-Dp Rewrite of nobody@host.server.com yielded unqualified address "domainA.com"

2003-08-13 06:13:25 unable to set gid=508 or uid=32007 (euid=47): has_alias_but_no_mailbox_discarded_to_prevent_loop router (recipient is someone@domainB.com)
    2003-08-13 06:13:25 internal problem in has_alias_but_no_mailbox_discarded_to_prevent_loop router (recipient is someone@domainB.com): failure to transfer data from subprocess

2003-08-13 08:24:03 19mvbf-0004Fa-0v Rewrite of nobody@host.server.com yielded unparseable address: malformed address: <someone@domainC.com> may not follow someone@domainC.com in address someone@domainC.com <someone@domainC.com>

My Exim version is exim-4.20-260_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite_mailman2

Thanks,
    Richard

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mmkassem

mmkassem Well-Known Member

try:
    /scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/exim4

3. Noldar

Noldar Well-Known Member

I updated to stable 61 last night which updated my exim to exim-4.20-280_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite_mailman2. I haven't seen any more paniclog messages, so it looks like that took care of it.

Thanks for the reply.

Richard

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    FYI, those error msgs. are perfectly normal and regardless of what you are using, will see them from time-to-time.

Rewrite of nobody@host.server.com
    - this is someone (possible a Client) trying to relay eMail using the Server Hostname, many will try this method and it will never work

recipient is someone@domainB.com has_alias_but_no_mailbox_discarded_to_prevent_loop
    - this has been discussed at length and if you do a search here on "alias" will find a post with that exact title