Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Errors in running /s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsteel, Nov 17, 2002.

1. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

I just manually upgraded from 5.3B9 to 5.3B29 and got an email from the server with the following lines:

-----------------------------------------------
    Traceback (innermost last):
    File &/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cron/qrunner&, line 276, in ?
    lock.lock(timeout=0.5)
    File &/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py&, line 219, in lock
    self.__write()
    File &/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py&, line 350, in __write
    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
    IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.host1.mydomain.com.742'
    -----------------------------------------------

I have not yet put any customers on this box. Does anyone have a clue what these messages mean and/or why they occurred during the upgrade (and yes, I just changed the host and domain in that last line to not disclose the actual server should there be a vulnerability)?

Thx,
    Jaz

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Interesting. I have many servers and have upgraded more times than I can count and I have never seen an email like that. Apparently all of my other upgrades were 'abnormal'.

Jaz