The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors once backup has been done and copying to FTP location

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by sp3ctre69, May 15, 2013.

1. sp3ctre69

sp3ctre69 Well-Known Member

I am using the new backup system in WHM.

The backup to the local disk works well, the problem is it seems to be timing out (or something like that) when transferring the files over FTP. I see lots of the following errors in the cpbackup_transporter.log

Code:
    [2013-05-15 11:37:18 +0100] die [cpbackup_transporter] Can't locate object method "message" via package "time out reached
    " (perhaps you forgot to load "time out reached
    "?) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 217.
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoggerAdapter.pm line 31
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoggerAdapter.pm line 31
    Cpanel::LoggerAdapter::throw(Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x14e69670), 'Can\'t locate object method "message" via package "time out reached\x0A" (perhaps 
    you forgot to load "time out reached\x0A"?) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 217.\x0A') called at 
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 439
    cPanel::StateFile::throw(cPanel::StateFile=HASH(0x14e50fe0), 'Can\'t locate object method "message" via package "time out reached\x0A" (perhaps you forgot 
    to load "time out reached\x0A"?) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 217.\x0A') called at 
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 286
    cPanel::TaskQueue::throw(cPanel::TaskQueue=HASH(0x1549bfd8), 'Can\'t locate object method "message" via package "time out reached\x0A" (perhaps you 
    forgot to load "time out reached\x0A"?) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 217.\x0A') called at 
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 601
    cPanel::TaskQueue::process_next_task(cPanel::TaskQueue=HASH(0x1549bfd8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 83
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 81
    [2013-05-15 11:37:18 +0100] warn [cpbackup_transporter] Exception detected: Can't locate object method "message" via package "time out reached
    " (perhaps you forgot to load "time out reached
    "?) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 217.
    at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoggerAdapter.pm line 26
    Cpanel::LoggerAdapter::warn(Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x14e69670), 'Exception detected: Can\'t locate object method "message" via package "time out 
    reached\x0A" (perhaps you forgot to load "time out reached\x0A"?) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 217.\x0A') called at 
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 88
    I am getting a full set of FTP's files but a LOT of them are far smaller than expected and when I try and extract them they are only half (or less) there.

Like I said, the local copy (before FTP) is complete, as expected, but for some reason the FTP'd version is cut off.

Jim

P.S. I logged this as a support ticked this morning - #4113617

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. Gareth-AWD

Gareth-AWD Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Had the exact same problem and it's discovered it's a bug in the development and a case has been opened. Did they say the same to your ticket.

They did get mine working to a stage where accounts would be fine but anything over 3Gb would fail during the FTP process.

4. sp3ctre69

sp3ctre69 Well-Known Member

Ouch, no they didn't say anything at all... one guy had a brief look this morning and then set it to 2nd line where it's been sat since. Thanks for the feedback, surprisingly I couldn't find anything when I searched the issue.

5. kemoche

kemoche Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So what happens now with file that are over 3GB?? :confused:

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This thread is several months old. I recommend opening a support ticket if you are experiencing an issue with remote FTP backups so we can investigate and attempt to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.