The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors related with nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Rui Monteiro, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Rui Monteiro

Rui Monteiro Registered

Hello everybody,

I am new with this settings so I am requesting your help, please.

After I check intoDNS website for the domain sfs-ltd.com I found 2 errors:
    «FAIL: The following nameservers are listed at your nameservers as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the parent nameservers (see RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these nameservers are working.If they are not working ok, you may have problems!
    ns2.alphahostingservices.com
    ns1.alphahostingservices.com»

and:

«ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
    ns11.superdomainzone.com
    ns12.superdomainzone.com
    This is listed as an ERROR because there are some cases where nasty problems can occur (if the TTLs vary from the NS records at the root servers and the NS records point to your own domain, for example). »

My customer frequently are claiming the website are down from times to times and also from times to times, they cant access to their own email accounts through outlook clients application with the error that cannot find server.

my main hosting domain is alphahostingservices.com and superdomainzone.com is the nameserver of my hosting suplier...

Could you tell me please what is wrong and what to do to correct this issue?

Thank you all in advance.
    Rui Monteiro

#1 Rui Monteiro, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your main hosting domain is using different nameservers that your hosted accounts, is that right?
    /http://www.intodns.com/alphahostingservices.com

In WHM > DNS Functions > Nameserver IPs, you should see nameservers with the associated IPs listed. Your hosted accounts should be using those nameservers/IPs at their domain name registrars.

3. Rui Monteiro

Rui Monteiro Registered

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I was trying to access WHM > DNS Functions > Nameservers/IPs but I can only found the following options:
    ADD/Delete/Edit DNS Zone, Edit MX entry, Edit Zone templates, Park a domain and Reset a DNS zone.

Are you meaning Edit DNS Zone to see Nameservers IPs?

Once again, I thank you very much.

Rui Monteiro

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like you may have a Reseller account? If yes some Features might be restricted from you.

5. Rui Monteiro

Rui Monteiro Registered

Hello,

Thank you very much for your support, I really had apreciated it! :)

And yes, I have one Reseller account. I will speak with my hosting suplier for checking this infos.

Rui Monteiro