The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

errors since transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smitch6, Apr 16, 2012.

1. smitch6

smitch6 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have transferred lots of accounts over from 1 whm to another
    since the swap quite a few accounts are getting permission errors
    they all seem to be the same so i presume there is a problem within the whm somewhere

they all seem to be related to opencart
    1 of the error pages is
    personalisedprinting.org.uk/store

on another store i'm trying to install a programme that i've never had a problem with but it's saying 'one or more files cannot be written'
    i've checked the settings against another store which has this programme and they are all the same.

hopefully someone can help pls

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You should be speaking with your Hosting Provider about this. Are both servers running SuPHP? If not who owns the directories that can't be written to?

This isn't actually a problem in WHM, but on the account(s) itself. Have you tried correcting the permissions on these directories in the error messages?

3. smitch6

smitch6 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    i've just found out after i swapped suppliers that they haven't used cpanel before so aren't much help
    i'm an end user so don't know much about it but prefer cpanel over plesk etc.

yes i've tried changing the permissions of files individually to no avail :(

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you can't change permissions on the files, your user account does not own them. If this is true, only your host can change owner for you, and this has zero to do with cPanel itself. Its a Linux command your host would run via the command line.

They should also understand and know if the server is running SuPHP or not. That's not a cPanel thing it's a Linux thing ;)

Looking at the link you posted above again, it appears the issue is with or in the /library/ directory. Searching google for the warning at the start of each line, I found this link for you:
    /http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6356

Assuming here that you have OpenCart installed, you might find help there. But, that thread mentions PHP version, so, your host is the only one that can help here, still.

They don't necessarily need to know cPanel, but they should know some basic System Administration details like what version of PHP the server is running, and if SuPHP is enabled or not.

I'm sorry I can't help more than that though.

GL!