The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors Trying to add an Add-On Domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1970Novacaine, Oct 22, 2006.

  1. 1970Novacaine

    1970Novacaine Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2004
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I copied my existing customer's from my other server. And it seemed to go smoothly but I now have an issue, please help if you can....

    I have a customer trying to add an addon - nothing but problems that I cannot figure out: here are the errors - please someone help, I really do not want to go back to paying twice per month just to have my old working server....

    Error(s):
    Sub Domain Maintenance

    SubDomain Removal
    Sorry, the subdomain *** cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain ***.***********.*** . You must first remove the addon domain.

    So then I try to remove the addon domain:

    Addon Domain Maintenance


    Addon Domain Removal

    Syncing Ftp Databases....Done Error from park wrapper: Sorry, you do not control the domain *** Sorry, the subdomain *** cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain ***.***********.*** . You must first remove the addon domain.

    Then I noticed the main domain name is listed as a parked domain:

    Parked Domain Maintenance



    Parked Domain Removal

    Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!

    Anyone ever seen this mess or can give me ideas to fix it?
    Thanks

    P.S. This happens on all accounts I have tested so far.

    Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.
     
  2. shiv

    shiv Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2004
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Bangalore
    Hey,

    This is really bad. Most of our servers are getting hickups because of this...
     
  3. 1970Novacaine

    1970Novacaine Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2004
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I think I figured it out in a desparate act hehehe.

    I decided to make a cpanel backup of one of my test accounts (as to not try this on a customer's account without knowing the outcome first) I then placed it in the home directory. Next I deleted the account. Then I went into the WHM and did a restore for just that account. It restored everything, the databases, email, etc...

    I went into the account's cpanel and I noticed it no longer had a parked domain - It was considering the main domain as a parked domain. Then I added a parked domain, no issues, so then I added an Add on domain, no issues.

    So as far as I can tell this fixes it - however, I know this might not be an option if you have multiple servers with a lot of accounts, but luckily I have @ 24 accounts with most of them being mine or my friends accounts.... so fixing them all this way took @ 3-4 hours because the backup process on one site took awhile because it is over 6 gigs in size.

    So I did my whole server like this and it appears to be working properly once again, and has been fixed for over 3 days now.

    Hope this helps
     
Loading...

Share This Page