Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Errors Trying to add an Add-On Domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1970Novacaine, Oct 22, 2006.

1. 1970Novacaine

1970Novacaine Member

I copied my existing customer's from my other server. And it seemed to go smoothly but I now have an issue, please help if you can....

I have a customer trying to add an addon - nothing but problems that I cannot figure out: here are the errors - please someone help, I really do not want to go back to paying twice per month just to have my old working server....

Error(s):
    Sub Domain Maintenance

SubDomain Removal
    Sorry, the subdomain *** cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain ***.***********.*** . You must first remove the addon domain.

So then I try to remove the addon domain:

Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Removal

Syncing Ftp Databases....Done Error from park wrapper: Sorry, you do not control the domain *** Sorry, the subdomain *** cannot be removed because it is linked to the addon domain ***.***********.*** . You must first remove the addon domain.

Then I noticed the main domain name is listed as a parked domain:

Parked Domain Maintenance

Parked Domain Removal

Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!

Anyone ever seen this mess or can give me ideas to fix it?
    Thanks

P.S. This happens on all accounts I have tested so far.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

2. shiv

shiv Member

Hey,

This is really bad. Most of our servers are getting hickups because of this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 1970Novacaine

1970Novacaine Member

I think I figured it out in a desparate act hehehe.

I decided to make a cpanel backup of one of my test accounts (as to not try this on a customer's account without knowing the outcome first) I then placed it in the home directory. Next I deleted the account. Then I went into the WHM and did a restore for just that account. It restored everything, the databases, email, etc...

I went into the account's cpanel and I noticed it no longer had a parked domain - It was considering the main domain as a parked domain. Then I added a parked domain, no issues, so then I added an Add on domain, no issues.

So as far as I can tell this fixes it - however, I know this might not be an option if you have multiple servers with a lot of accounts, but luckily I have @ 24 accounts with most of them being mine or my friends accounts.... so fixing them all this way took @ 3-4 hours because the backup process on one site took awhile because it is over 6 gigs in size.

So I did my whole server like this and it appears to be working properly once again, and has been fixed for over 3 days now.

Hope this helps