bsasninja

Sep 2, 2004
Im using cpanel 10 yet and you know that there is a mail that arrives all days with the subject "Cron <[email protected]> /scripts/upcp"

Well this is a new server and I migrated like 60 accounts from other with same config, but the email shows this errors:

Found hostname to be server.myserver.com, which resolves to xxx.x.xx.xxx
Hostname Virtual Host is already setup
PHP version file is up to date
Ftp Quota Check v1.6
Updating user1: user1 ... ftp ... Unable to write /home/user1/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 4.
...Done
Updating user2: user2 ... ftp ... Unable to write /home/user2/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 2.
...Done
Updating user3: ftp ... Unable to write /home/user3/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 3.
...Done
Updating user4: user4 ... ftp ... Unable to write /home/user4/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 2.
...Done
Updating user5: ftp ... Unable to write /home/user5/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 2.
...Done
Updating user6: ftp ... Unable to write /home/user6/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 3.
...Done
Updating user7: user7 ... ftp ... Unable to write /home/user7/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 2.
Sent Disk Warning
Using smartcheck config 5.32 for smartctl(5.33)
Checking /dev/sda....S.M.A.R.T does not appear to be enabled for this device.
Checking /dev/sdb....S.M.A.R.T does not appear to be enabled for this device.
Added Contact [email protected]
Scanning for new mail senders.....Done
Scanning suexec_log.Done

I checked the .ftpquota file of this 7 users and all have 600 permisions and the user.group are ok.
Is strange that only happened with this users and not with all the accounts I migrated.
Other thing I dont understand is that the .ftpquota file is present only in the 7 users that shows the error. Why appears this file into their home directory and not in all the users??

What ´s going on??

Last edited:

kristof

Oct 4, 2006
Problem Solved

Copy all usernames to notepad or editor who are mentioned in the screen.

Then you place in each public_ftp directory of the users homedir mentioned an .ftpquota file and give the it right owner and group rules.

Then run # /scripts/ftpquotacheck

If there are no thinks metioned like:
Updating user1: user1 ... ftp ... Unable to write /home/user1/public_ftp/.ftpquota: Permission denied at /scripts/ftpquotacheck line 69, <$ftp_fh> line 4.
...Done

then you can run # /scripts/upcp --force and your Cpanel/WHM will upgrade :cool: