The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/etc/aliases ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruce, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member

My (/etc/aliases) file got accidently edited about 4 days ago.
    What is supposed to be in this file and is there a script on the server to fix or rebuild the file ?

All I can find is using this file to rebuild the aliases.db but not to repair the (/etc/aliases) its self.
    Anybody has any ideas?

Thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Peoplespaces

Peoplespaces Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is what's in mine.

mailman-admin: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
    mailman-bounces: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"
    mailman-confirm: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"
    mailman-join: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"
    mailman-leave: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"
    mailman-owner: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"
    mailman-request: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"
    mailman-subscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"
    mailman-unsubscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman"
    mailman: /dev/null
    mailman-loopback: /dev/null
    owner-mailman: mailman-admin

3. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member

THANKS !!