Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

/etc/secondarymx

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by svedo, Jul 21, 2003.

1. svedo

svedo Active Member

Hi,

I've had a quick search for this but would just like to confirm it.

/etc/secondarymx - Just want to confirm that if i put a domain name in there, and restart exim, that the server will accept and relay any email to this domain onto the primary mail server when it comes online?

I am still running exim 3, so if anyone can confirm that this feature works for either version would be great.

cheers,
    sc

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. perlchild

perlchild Well-Known Member

My understanding is that you also need dns info with proper mx priorities for this to work

3. infinityws

infinityws Well-Known Member

If you want to setup a host to relay through exim3 you must edit the exim.conf file (backup first)
    find host_accept_relay

Replace with

host_accept_relay = +allow_address : lsearch;/etc/relayhosts : lsearch;/etc/permrelayhosts : localhost

Then create a file called "permrelayhosts" in your /etc/ dir and add the IP address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sloop

sloop Well-Known Member

I think infinityws is referring to relaying all mail for a HOST instead of a DOMAIN. By relaying for a domain, exim should accept all mail destined for *@domain.com, queue it, and retry delivering until the primary MX comes back online and can accept mail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...