The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet Bonding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tbrocato, Jan 31, 2004.

1. tbrocato

tbrocato Registered

Does cpanel support HA NIC Bonding. On Redhat 9.0 kernel 2.4.20-20 you can bond nics with bond0 and ifenslave eth0 and eth1. That way you can make your server High Avail. If i change the configuration to support bonding will this work with cpanel. If so will it also place the ipaddress pool as alias to the bond0 interface

Steps to Reproduce: 1. put "alias bond0 bonding" and "options miimon=100 mode=1" in /etc/modules.conf

2. edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0 to resemble the following:

DEVICE=bond0
    IPADDR=192.168.1.1
    NETMASK=255.255.255.0
    NETWORK=192.168.1.0
    BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
    ONBOOT=yes
    BOOTPROTO=none
    USERCTL=no

3. edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to resemble the following:

DEVICE=eth0
    USERCTL=no
    ONBOOT=yes
    MASTER=bond0
    SLAVE=yes
    BOOTPROTO=none

4. edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 to resemble the following:

DEVICE=eth1
    USERCTL=no
    ONBOOT=yes
    MASTER=bond0
    SLAVE=yes
    BOOTPROTO=none

5. Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local and append the following:

/sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 37376

2. barwin

barwin Active Member

bump

any news on this? We just got a new server with two onboard nics and I'm interested in trying this.

Thanks

3. blaforest

blaforest Registered

I happened to perform two seperate server installs using CentOS 5.1 and cPanel. The first time I opted not to bond the nics and everything worked fine. I then decided to reformat the server and this time bond the two nics. I now have no access to WHM or cPanel. Not sure what the issue might be but any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. blaforest

blaforest Registered

Please diregard my previous post. It happened to be the firewall that was giving me trouble. Still green when it comes to Linux. :eek: