The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eudora Lite & Exim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gilman01, Aug 14, 2003.

1. gilman01

gilman01 Member

Has anyone experienced success using Eudora Lite with cPanel?

I just switched a client from a non-cpanel server to a cpanel server and now he can't get his email using Eudora Lite.

So I loaded a copy and attempted to access numerous accounts from different domains and each fails.

I first get the standard error box stating "There has been a problem tranferring your email...username/password mismatch" The I get a new dialog box stating "error reading from network - cause: connection reset by remote side (10054)"

I can pop to the accounts in Outlook Express and Horde. As I said I can use Eudora to get mail from accounts on my other server (which doesn't use Exim).

I've looked at the Eudora site, search cPanel forums, RackShack forums, BurstNet forums and WHT forums and haven't found anything. Am I missing something simple here???

Any help would be appreciated.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. gilman01

gilman01 Member

This is a followup to this question. First I have to give credit where it is due, Ethan at Coast Internet Solutions, Inc. came up with the answer for me.

Unlike all the other email programs in the world it seems Eudora Lite doesn't have a setting for the pop3 server. However if you enter the POP3 User as follows it works like a charm.

user+domain.com@mail.domain.com

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: