Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Evaluating sitezen; needs system() enabled; looking for recommendations on best pract

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stardotstar, Jan 21, 2010.

1. stardotstar

stardotstar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am running suphp with cP/WHM on my Centos host.
    In evaluating the sitezen site builder software I have come across an error when a customer (or anyone) launches the sitebuilder software from the icon installed into cP.

This is because the system() function needs to be enabled in php.ini - or not excluded by the disable_functions entry...

I have not done anything to try and resolve this - ie enabling it in the system wide php.ini because I found that I couldn't determine where in the user account system (user's homes) I could add a modified php.ini that would work - I expect because the cP works outside of the constraints of the user's php.ini with respect to suphp...

I don't want to open a can of worms from a security pov.

Their support response is:

What can anyone recommend as a way of enabling the calls this site builder needs with a minimal/acceptable impact on security?

Many thanks in advance,
    Will

2. stardotstar

stardotstar Well-Known Member

Anyone give me a hit on this one?
    Cheers,
    W