Every 2nd Subdomain does not resolve!

vishal

Jan 28, 2003
India
DNS does not add a 'A' record for subdomains

Hello All,

One of my client is having a problem for subdomains.
When he creates a subdomain the it works fine and resolves too. the moment he creates a second subdomain it fails.

so i really feel like if i create 10 subdomains then every even numbered subdomain is failing, I tested it myself and this is really happening. like wise.

1. test1.domain.dom ==> Works
2. test2.domain.dom ==> Fails to Resolve
3. test3.domain.dom ==> Works
4. test4.domain.dom ==> Fails to Resolve
5. test5.domain.dom ==> Works
6. test6.domain.dom ==> Fails to Resolve

Is there any specific time interval between creation of two domains so this is something weired.......

Any comments.

Regards,

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Last edited:

vishal

Jan 28, 2003
India
Originally posted by vishal
Hello All,

One of my client is having a problem for subdomains.
When he creates a subdomain the it works fine and resolves too. the moment he creates a second subdomain it fails.

so i really feel like if i create 10 subdomains then every even numbered subdomain is failing, I tested it myself and this is really happening. like wise.

1. test1.domain.dom ==> Works
2. test2.domain.dom ==> Fails to Resolve
3. test3.domain.dom ==> Works
4. test4.domain.dom ==> Fails to Resolve
5. test5.domain.dom ==> Works
6. test6.domain.dom ==> Fails to Resolve

Is there any specific time interval between creation of two domains so this is something weired.......

Any comments.

Regards,

Since there is no reply.....and now none of the domains resolve nor the first and not the second.

I found a Work around and not the solution. When i add subdomains from the control panel it gets added and removed fine.
But when i checked for the DNS entry for the main domain then i saw that there is no modification to the .db file, no entry for the suddomain is made in the file. I looked at the permmissions and there were
-rw----- named named domain.com.db
i changed it to
-rw-rw--- named named domain.db

No use!

Any comments Pls?

Thank you,

I chnag

vishal

Jan 28, 2003
India
Re: Re: Every 2nd Subdomain does not resolve!

Originally posted by vishal
Since there is no reply.....and now none of the domains resolve nor the first and not the second.

I found a Work around and not the solution. When i add subdomains from the control panel it gets added and removed fine.
But when i checked for the DNS entry for the main domain then i saw that there is no modification to the .db file, no entry for the suddomain is made in the file. I looked at the permmissions and there were
-rw----- named named domain.com.db
i changed it to
-rw-rw--- named named domain.db

No use!

Any comments Pls?

Thank you,

I chnag

hehe again me...
ok Now the DNS adds the 'A' record in the domain.db file and also a entry is made in the httpd.conf file. But still the subdomain does not resolves and i suppose subdomains does not need propogation right?

m I souding sense...hehe :D
Thank you,