The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone one of my servers missed the weekly log rotation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexy_guy, May 19, 2003.

1. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

Oh but now this is a good one. Everyone one of my servers missed Sundays log rotation. :confused: The only changes made to all servers was the chmod of all compilers and thats it. Besides that, we have Edge E3 running. Very interesting.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

I see why, cron was shut down on every box. So the upgrade to E3 shut down our crons on the 16th, after our servers were updated and never restarted. Thats why on the 17th the log rotation never happened. Dont even know why the E3 update would shut down all cron???? It was in stopped status on all boxes.

The question is why are the updates shutting down cron? I found this same problem on somebody elses server yesterday but just thought it was a stopped for some reason. Now i see its the Edge update doing it.

Anyone know how we can add a cron status check to the status list so that this never happens again?

3. X-Istencedotcom

X-Istencedotcom Well-Known Member

this has happened to us, and we couldnt figure it out. Box has been up for a while, so rebooting it so that everything can come back up.