The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Example cPanel with multi servers

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by darlanart, Sep 15, 2011.

1. darlanart

darlanart Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Today I have some servers where the services are distributed. One server for web, other for mail, other for DNS and other for DBs (MySQL and Postgres).
    My ideia is consolidate this scenario for:
    server1 with cPanel - DNS, HTTP and DBs
    server2 with cPanel - mail

Consulting the product support, I discovered that is possible, but using some cPanel's APIs.

I'm consulting the documentation about this, but is very dificult to understand.
    Someone have an example how to make this?

Thanks a lot!
    Darlan

2. darlanart

darlanart Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Any idea ??

3. cPdans

cPdans Member
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Most of this would depend entirely on dns. For the web server, you would just setup web sites and A records for the websites. In your scripts for Database connections you would reference the remote database server instead of the localhost. To do this you would need to enable remote mysql connections on the database server for the users in question. For the mail server, you would set up your domain and mail accounts, but no content. Then you would create mx and A records to point to the mail server wherever you are managing DNS. If you are wanting to run a separate dns server, you would specify this server when registering name servers at the domain registrar.