The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Exceeded number of connections. Please try again in a few minutes" ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rikki, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Rikki

Rikki Member

Hi folks,

I've just got myself a new hosting account and am very pleased with it. The only problem Ive had so far is that I can only seem to check my POP3 email 4 times per hour.

If I do it more than that I get an error that reads :

"You have exceeded the number of connections you are allowed per hour. Please wait a few minutes and try again"

If I wait half an hour things go back to normal but I like to check my emails once every five minutes, esp when Im dealing with clients.

The tech support at the web hosts are looking into it but I would love to get it resolved far quicker if anyone here knew what the problem could be.

This is the first hosting packages Ive used with the cPanel software so I thought I'd ask in here if anyone knew of a work around for this problem.

Many thanks,

Rikki

Many thanks,

Rikki

2. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

There's a new option in WHM 6.0.0 to set "the number of times users are allowed to check their mail using pop3 per hour". That's up the server admin.

3. Devendra

Devendra Registered

Can anyone please reply to this and let me know exactly to click and change teh setting to 1 minutes.

Thanks,
    Devendra.

4. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

log into your WHM, click on Tweak Settings, the scroll down till you see something like this:
    Code:
    The number of times users are allowed to check their mail using pop3 per hour: [  ]

the default is 60, 1 check per min. Increase/decrease as needed.

Mickalo