The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exceptions to wildcard subdomains?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ishware, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Ishware

Ishware Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks to WordPress3 and my burning desire to have a plethora of subdomain blogs, I've enabled wildcard subdomains for one of my domains.

The problem is that this eats the cpanel.subdomain.domain.ext, as well as certain "exceptions" I'd like to set up, i.e. forum.subdomain.domain.ext.

I see the cpanel entry still in DNS (I have root on the server); but apparently wildcard takes over...

Is there a way to have "anything not already configured in DNS" for the wildcard? If there is, could you point me where to go to set something like that up?

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Not exactly, but if those subdomains exist in cPanel it should override the wildcard.

3. Ishware

Ishware Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your reply :)

Well... I suppose the cpanel.sub is a lost cause; but I did create the forum one in cPanel - both as an individual account and as a subdomain in the cpanel account of the main domain...

Anything you can think of to check and see if something didn't get updated right? Or does it sound like something I should open a ticket for?