Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Exchange Server not receiving email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Aubrey Smith, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Aubrey Smith

Aubrey Smith Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have recently set up a server with WHM and Cpanel and all is going relatively well but it seems that none of the recipients that have their emails on exchange or office 365 are receiving my emails. All other servers seem to be getting them, ie. people that have linux setups, gmail, hotmail etc.

I have checked to make sure my server is not on any black lists as well as troubleshooting with mxtoolbox and all seems to be running smoothly. Has anyone had issues like this or can point me in the right direction as I'm at a loss here.

Thanks

2. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    while sending the mail to the email that are hosted on office365 or exchange did you received any bounce back with error message ?
    also check the /var/log/exim_mainlog while sending the mail to exchange users to see whats happening exactly

3. Aubrey Smith

Aubrey Smith Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks mate! I haven't been getting any error messages back which is why I was wondering what was going on. After viewing the log while I was sending, it was a face palm moment. I'm hosting their website but not their email so I had the Email routing set up to look for a local mail exchanger. Swapped that to using a Remote Mail Exchanger and all is good.

Appreciate the direction!

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.