Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Execute Java Web Application

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr_Roboto, Sep 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I hope someone can help. I renamed a war file to zip, extracted the contents, since it's a web application, I don't know what is required to execute the java application though cPanel ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Mr_Roboto,

As a website owner without root access, you'll need to contact your web hosting provider to verify if Tomcat is installed on this server. It's only available as part of an experimental repo with EasyApache 4 at this time (see: Tomcat Support in EasyApache 4).

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    It sounds as if your saying, without Tomcat support, I won't be able to run any file part of a Java WebApp ?
    How can I know this for sure, that is what I want to know unless there is nothing to know beside I need Tomcat installed on the server and it will work ?

4. Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Is it still possible to get Tomcat support installed, if I don't have full administration privileges; is it still possible to install or I must have administration privileges ?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    That's correct. Your server will need to run Tomcat (which is currently only supported in EA3). This document explains how the application deployment process works in EasyApache 3:

How to Deploy Java Applications - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

We do offer Tomcat support in EA4 as part of our experimental repo, but it's not yet ready for production (you can refer your hosting provider to the feature request URL in my previous response to see if they plan to use it going forward).

No, you will need root access to the server to do this.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...