The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exif problem on centos file upload limit 15m

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pablo777, Sep 16, 2015.

1. pablo777

pablo777 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi I'm running a social network with cakephp software since I moved to a dedicated server running Centos I'm getting file upload limit 15m and the file uploader uses Exif modual. here is a link to my full server settings - Removed - I would like to know if its installed and running or if not what steps I need to take. I installed it using WHM so I thought it said it was on the modual list I tried to open the console for the server and type --enable-exif but it says its not a shell or something like that, Sorry I'm a complete newbie to linux and I've already experienced a big learning curve but I've been struggling with this for over a week and still no results? any help would be very grateful thank you

#1 pablo777, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Have you reviewed upload_max_filesize and the post_max_size values in /usr/local/lib/php.ini to see if those values are blocking the larger uploads? How large are the files you need uploaded through PHP?

Thank you.

pablo777 likes this.
  3. pablo777

pablo777 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi thank's for the reply, I don't know how to get to the location you say? I remember reading documentation saying I have to add a line of code to the php.ini file for my server but where and how do I locate this? I know you have told me a location but how do I access this is it via FTP? WHM or Cpanel? or another way?

4. Renjith C R

Renjith C R Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hai,

Do you have root access to server? If so you can set upload_max_filesize and the post_max_size values in file php.ini , under /usr/local/lib/ path. Otherwise you need to contact your hosting support for this.

5. pablo777

pablo777 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Yes I have root access its a dedicated server I can use the console to run commands ect. I tried to override the system by copying the php.ini file I made using the Edit Php feature in WHM and placed that file in the clients local directory but no change I'm guessing I have to do what you say but I'm a little confused because I'm a complete newbie to linux and dedicated server and console commands, I did follow a Tutorial somewhere about ExifImage that runs in the console if I place certain commands but on the docs http://php.net/manual/en/exif.installation.php for Exif says you have to use --enable-exif in the php settings. While in WHM under edit php configuration I look through the settings and it only lists some parts of the Exif and no tick box or comment for --enable-exif? so I'm guessing I have to configure PHP another way?

6. pablo777

pablo777 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Update: I'vd just done a custom rebuild of Apache in WHM I choose exif to be installed has default will let you know if it worked or not.

7. pablo777

pablo777 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry for all the replies but I've fixed this problem doing the following. In WHM I choose to rebuild Apache and created a custom build using the check box ticks for what I needed and Exif is listed on the list and automatically installs and runs it for you. Thank you all for the replies anyway but this fix I found myself should help other Cpanel newbies on a dedicated server solve this issue if they require Exif to run on there server. Take care.

8. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator