The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim 280 and below is open relay!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexy_guy, Aug 14, 2003.

1. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

Nick, Exim 280 and below is open relay. And i can prove it! We have messages supposedly being sent via pop though our server to email address, not on our server, yet none of the email addresses sending email is in /etc/relayhosts. I'v been watching this for weeks. As soon as i see one of these messages, i have another session tailing /etc/relayhosts and do not see a valid ip in /etc/relayhosts. Surely if one of my users was popping the server and sending email out, though the server i would see either their ip or their hostname in relayhosts but i dont.

Before anyone flames me about this and tries to tell me i dont know how to administer my server like some of those smart assesses have in the past why dont you take a few minutes to check your logs. Thats if you know what to look for you will have a clue that Exim 280 and all Exim version before it is an open relay! And please dont ask me to run /scripts/fixrelayd. That does nothing. If you read the code you will undersand why.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 sexy_guy, Aug 14, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  2. AceWeb

AceWeb Well-Known Member

I was having similar stuff as in your other thread, it may be related.

By the way, did you submit a ticket for it?

3. wimp

wimp Well-Known Member

4. H2Hosting.com

H2Hosting.com Well-Known Member