The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim 4 pipe undefined domains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by henkiedoodle, Jul 12, 2016.

1. henkiedoodle

henkiedoodle Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am running a server with the standard cPanel mail configuration (exim, dovecot). I'm using Exim4 as my MTA.

I have set up dynamic DNS, and do not want to set up cPanel accounts for every domain that resolves to my server, which there are a lot of. I do want to be able to receive e-mails sent to those though, by running a script.

I am trying to find out how to set up a router/transport which pipes all emails sent to a domain for which there is no mailbox (or account) to a script. Basically, I want a catch-all router for all domains that resolve to my server, which would pipe the email to the script when it would normally send a "550 unroutable address" error message back. But the
    addresses for which a mailbox exists, have to behave normally.

An alternative would be to pipe all incoming mail to the script, but Exim only pipes emails for which the domain is defined. I want to be able to receive mails for undefines domains as well, or be able to dynamically define those domains.

Does anyone know how to set up exim correctly? I don't

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator