The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim and cpanel -- weird error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by optize, Aug 25, 2005.

1. optize

optize Well-Known Member

For some reason, once and while, exim will start blocking messages.

The original sender gets the following message: 550 Administrative prohibition (in reply to end of DATA command))

Is there a tweak in cpanel/exim that will fix this? It's annoying.

2. shacker23

shacker23 Well-Known Member

This can happen if the domain is not listed in /etc/localdomains. They should be listed there automatically, but I've seen the "Rebuild / Fix Email Databases" function in WHM wipe legit domains out of /etc/localdomains -- I've trained myself never to click that link for fear it will happen again. If it does, you'll need to add the excised domains back in manually.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yup. You'll also need to look in the exim mainlog and track down the log entries that correspond to the send attempt to further identify where the problem might be.

4. beekeeper

beekeeper Active Member

I have recently started using Thunderbird and get these errors for some domains ... but no problem when I send the same message using Outlook Express.

/var/log/exim_mainlog reported a problem with the "From" header; my from name had included some colons ... seems Thunderbird does not handle these well ... removing them has fixed the problem. :)

#4 beekeeper, Sep 22, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2005