The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim and invalid Reply-To headers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EdP, Jan 15, 2007.

1. EdP

EdP Member

We receive occasional emails with invalid Reply-To headers. The exim log shows:

Since the company sending these is so large that there is no realistic chance of getting to someone who can change things their end, I wondered if there is a way to allow emails with invalid Reply-To headers through - ideally in the WHM editor?

Many thanks

Ed

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I doubt it as they're (or rather the client sending the email) breaking the SMTP RFC's.

3. EdP

EdP Member

Thanks, I know that but am up against a brick wall getting anything changed their end. Our previous server used sendmail, which let these mails through.

I read about a 'headers_checks_fail = false' entry in exim.conf that would seem to do what I want - but wondered if I could put it in the WHM Advanced Exim Editor instead - so it doesn't get overwritten (if this is indeed what I want)? If so, where do I put it?

Best wishes, Ed

#3 EdP, Jan 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  4. EdP

EdP Member

I tried putting headers_checks_fail = false in several of the boxes of the Advanced Exim Editor, but get:

'Configuration file has an invalid syntax. Please try again.'

Can anyone point me at a place for Exim help so I can work out where, if anywhere, this needs to be put?

Or would clearing the 'Verify the existence of email senders.' checkbox on the Simple Editor possibly do what I want?

Any help much appreciated!

Ed

5. karlos

karlos Member

same problem!! with same people!!

five months later amadeus.net e-ticket aplication still have the same problem :confused:

and for the solution they only have to send the email with something like

right?

well, I try to configure exim with headers_checks_fail = false :mad:

6. EdP

EdP Member

Un-setting 'Verify the existence of email senders' in the Exim Configuration Editor allowed these emails through for me. I also pestered Amadeus (and still am, 6 months later!!) who have yet, as far as I am aware, to consider it serious enough to come up with a solution. Actually, I don't think they have a clue what I am talking about.

Good luck, Ed:confused: