The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim and pop stalls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by myrem, May 5, 2003.

1. myrem

myrem Well-Known Member

Some of my clients have been noticiing that they cannot pop their email accounts for short periods of time (5 or 10 minutes)... and then everything is working fine again. I primarily use neomail to check my email and I notice the same thing -- perhaps once a day, for a 5 or 10 minute period, neomail hangs trying to check for new mail?

Linux 7.2, exim 3.36, Cpanel 6.4.1-E28

Any ideas? I couldn't find anything similiar on the forums.

2. myrem

myrem Well-Known Member

Yep, already looked into that. is always low (.25 or less).

One of the users experiencing the problem gave me a new twist. The server is now occassionally reporting this back to outlook! :confused: I've never seen anything like it. (see attached screen shot from Outlook's Send/Receive window)

Attached Files:

3. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Off-hand, I would say the msg. is an indication of too many eMails sitting on the Server. Someone made a post on how to clean out un-necessary eMails and if you search for 'wait-remote_smtp' you should find it. To start, the method described cleaned out over 500 eMails sitting on the Server and since using it in a Cron job, works very well to keep it clean.